BIRTHDAY WISH

 When me and my family do not think twice before planning any trip.
YOU ARE ALIVE IN US.
When I wear the same clothes to my workplace and at my home.
YOU ARE ALIVE IN US.
When I prioritize a samosa and imarti over any new pair of clothes.
YOU ARE ALIVE IN US.
When the time and respect given to the guests visiting my home becomes more important than any furniture in my house.
YOU ARE ALIVE IN US.
When I stay awake at night preparing my best for the job tomorrow.
YOU ARE ALIVE IN US.
When I feel the happiest in giving rather than receiving.
YOU ARE ALIVE IN US.
When I reach late at my workplace just because I was reading a newspaper.
YOU ARE ALIVE IN US.
When I sit in my home and see its map being designed by your brilliance.
YOU ARE ALIVE IN US.
Whenever I see the movie ANAND and Rajesh Khanna says, zindagi lambi nhi badi honi chahiye babumoshai.
I COULD ONLY IMAGINE YOU.
Whenever I think about learning the skill of driving and its relevance being gender neutral.
I COULD ONLY IMAGINE YOU.
When I see Sridevi on screen and the craze of cinema halls.
I COULD ONLY IMAGINE YOU.
When I look into the mirror and crave for that boycut hairstyle.
YOU ARE ALIVE IN US.
When I go for post dinner walks to lose weight and eat Kulfi because I get reminded that YOLO.
YOU ARE ALIVE IN US.
Whenever I write a sick leave( though those occasions are diminishing), I get reminded how you made me write that the very first time.
YOU ARE ALIVE IN US.
Whenever I go to my ancestral home on festivals even if I have to travel for hours.
YOU ARE ALIVE IN US.
When someone says that early mornings are the best for studies and I hark back to your late night studies in contrast to early mornings.
YOU ARE ALIVE IN US.
When my friends ask me if I have a holiday tomorrow so that we can meet, I recollect how you prioritised relationships over everything.
YOU ARE ALIVE IN US.
When I see myself residing alone, I get reminded how you left the comforts of home when you were in junior high school and cooked on your own.
YOU ARE ALIVE IN US.
When i boast my skills in making perfectly thin and round rotis, the memories of you teaching me my first roti are revived.
YOU ARE ALIVE IN US 


I feel you being as alive as ever in my memory , in the habits that I have acquired consciously or subconsciously from you. You instilled the seeds of minimalism in me when I was a kid. You left me one day when I was sleeping in hope to see you in the morning. I kept on believing that one day you will return from the eternal slumberland only to realise that you were always alive in me. So what if the mortal body couldn't witness the 58th Birthday, the values and memories that you gave us will always be immortal. I don't know if time heals or not but time can never ever take you away from us because 
YOU ARE ALIVE IN US.


Words fail me papa or as you used to say I fail words ;)
Will always be grateful for those 12 years.💗




Comments

  1. This is so beautifully written. ❤❤ I had tears in my eyes when I was going through it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm not a FOBO

An epistle to pahadi friend.